To start off today’s post, here are some questions from last September posted at Wife of a Sailor:
1. I always feel like I’m 22 years old [I guess!!], but in reality I’m 25. –I don’t feel how I thought, when I was younger, a 25 year old would feel. lol
2. I wish my family understood better when I tell them about military stuff (acronyms, etc.)….they are getting better though! ;)
3. If you saw me when I get dressed up for work, you’d think I was a total girly-girl, but if you saw me when I watch war movies, you’d think I was a tom-boy through-and-through. –Going to watch “Act of Valor” tonight! Although I think a girl watching war movies is not really a tom-boyish thing to do…I watch them because I’m engaged to a soldier! ;)
4. I feel like I’m in a totally different universe when I’m on a military installation. (I’m never on it much, so when I am it’s like, “Oh wow, cool! Look at the tanks! And that’s the commissary, right??” haha)
5. In honor of this being MFF #60 [on Wife of a Sailor’s blog, of course]….60 months ago (exactly 5 years ago, so September 28, 2007) I lived in Baltimore, MD and my life was totally different because I was an immature college junior and had not yet met The Warrior or been introduced to the military life!
~ ~ ~
I have missed writing these past couple weeks! Life has seriously been NUTS. I have 2 at-home projects I’m working on (addressing envelopes for a direct mail company) in addition to my 40-hours-a-week group sales job; I teach violin 3 nights out of the week; and I volunteer at the USO once a week. With all that, I’ve been getting an average of 4-5 hours of sleep a night with NO time for writing!
Today began a period of very limited communication with The Warrior. He headed off to a month-long training (as an observer/evaluator), and according to research I’ve done online, Ft. Middle-of-Nowhere doesn’t always have good cell phone reception. So if I get one or two calls from him between now and the end of October, I will be thrilled!! I’ve calculated that it is 36 days until we see each other again, so I have the countdown on my calendar and cross off each day as it passes. While he’s gone, I’m going to be doing work, work, and more work….it’s how I handled deployment, so I began getting into that “workaholic” mindset this past week. However, I started off this weekend with a “me day”: left work early since I’m working Sunday, got a free mini-facial at the store Origins (they always offer them, by the way, so stop in!), browsed through wedding books at Barnes & Noble, worked out for awhile at the gym (elliptical, abs, and upper body weights), and then took myself to Chick-fil-a for dinner. I sat at a booth, ate fruit and a chicken sandwich without the bun (no gluten!), and read devotionals out of Praying God’s Word for Your Husband. It is very comforting to say specific prayers for The Warrior that stem directly from the Bible, and so I prayed for his safety and positive interaction with the soldiers at training. Last week I had also written about 7 mini-letters for him to read every few days while he’s there. If we can’t talk, at least he can read love notes from me. :)
As noted above, I rented Act of Valor to watch tonight…I tend to watch more war movies when The Warrior is gone. (During deployment, I scoured the Netflix account for all the interesting war movies and documentaries! It was a way for me to feel more connected to him…to feel like I was learning about what our soldiers do for us.) We’ve been very lucky lately to spend more weekends with each other than not, and I will miss him…but when we are reunited in November I will have an even deeper appreciation and love for him! Be safe, my hero. :)